Thursday, February 20, 2014

Assignmet #3 Fiction Writing- Encouraging Quote

Well I've been assigned another blog assignment, and I have to keep it short this week. I know I know, I'll try not to be too chatty.

My encouraging quote, is a quote from a comic book writer quoting a quote. Last year during free comic book day, I met an inspiring comic book writer by the name of Dan Slott, no big deal he only writes for Marvel and has changed Spider-man(literally)comics in ways no one else has before. Anyway I met him at Zap Comic's, a local comic book store, and I had a "brief" chat with him. Dan Slott gave me a very insightful quote that has changed me for the better. Errr I think.

 “Chuck Jones said something that was meant for artists but works just the same for writers,” Slott said. “‘Every artist has thousands of bad drawings in them, and the only way to get rid of them is to draw them out.’ So the quicker you get the bad stuff out, the sooner you’ll get to the good.”

Very inspirational stuff, well at-least for me. I promised to keep this short...did I? Oh well. There's a lot more to this story if you'll give me the time partner, click here the link thingy and you'll get to know more of what happened. AAAYEEEEHAWWWW!

1 comment: